Bulk Billing Doctors in Melbourne
For patients who are eligible, Medicare-funded medical assessments are available. Initiated by your GP, these will be carried out by a practice nurse and followed-up by an appointment with the doctor. This visit will be bulk billed for eligible Medicare card holders.
Bulk Billing Criteria
Some doctors may consider bulk billing only pensioners and health care card holders with a valid card for standard GP consultation. Please ask the reception staff to book you with a doctor who may be able to bulk bill you as some doctors do not bulk bill at the clinic. Some procedures may attract a private fee at the discretion of the treating doctor. There is no bulk billing after 6 pm weekdays, all day Saturdays and Public Holidays.
Bulk Billed Medical Services
Medical assessments covered in our bulk billing services may include:
- Healthy Kids Check for 4 year olds who have received their 4 year old vaccinations. This assessment includes height, weight, eyesight and hearing checks.
- Patients aged 40 – 49 years old with a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes. This is determined by the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool, which is available at reception, from the doctor or practice nurse.
- Patients aged 45 – 49 years old who are at risk of developing chronic disease.
- GP Management Plan for patients with chronic diseases. This includes:
- Review of a GP Management Plan every 6 months to monitor the ongoing health care needs of patients with a chronic disease.
- Team Care Arrangements for patients who have had a GP Management Plan put in place and who have complex care needs that require services from other health care providers and allied health workers. This benefits the patient by allowing them to access Medicare funded allied health support, such as for dietitians, podiatrist, physiotherapists, diabetic educators and exercise physiologists, to assist in the management of chronic disease.
- Patients aged 75 or over are eligible for an annual in-depth health assessment to identify early signs of physical and psychological illness, improving the health, independence and quality of life of these patients.
- Patients at risk of developing adverse reactions to medication are entitled to a Medication Management Review by a consultant pharmacist and your doctor.